Thursday 12 April 2012

A quick introduction......

The first post of a new blog, and a quick introduction to who I am, what I do and what this blog is about.

I'm Richard Airlie-Gilbert, a Level 4 qualified Sports Massage Practitioner, based in the northern Highlands (roughly the Inverness area!). I qualified several years ago with SPS in Gloucester and now practice a couple of days a week at the Inverness Therapy Clinic, as well as providing sports massage at either my home or on a mobile basis.

The business name is "Run To The Hills Sports Massage" and, as well as this blog, you can also find me on facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Run-To-The-Hills-Sports-Massage/215150135245640  In addition, at some point in the near future, I'll be setting up my website at www.runtothehills.co.uk

As well as the above, I'm also a keen hillrunner, having taken part in plenty of races, done a lot of training and had my fair share of injuries. I like to think that this gives me a good insight into the challenges faced by athletes who come to see me, whether they are runners or not.

As for the purpose of this blog, I want to expand upon and share some of my thoughts on topical issues as they arise, (whether that be provoked by new articles and research or, more practically, by instances I've come across in my everyday practice) in the hope that this information and debate may be of some use to people who read the blog. I'm always open to comments and suggestions.

I hope you enjoy.........

No comments:

Post a Comment